Dell Discount Coupons
Dell Discount Coupons

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

LEEDS



Hi we love Leeds. When I was younger I didn't have a lot of context for music so I thought that since there was a "Live At Leeds" album by The Who, it must have been some mecca of rock music. That album was all I really knew about Leeds, but I think I started making associations through it to every other thing I would learn about England..The Beatles, soccer, the queen, The Rolling Stones, Donk...to my mind all that British stuff came from Leeds. Leeds was one of the first places we ever played in England, after Liverpool, and one of the first places I'd ever seen in the country. I'd already forgotten all the connections I had made when I was a kid so I wasn't expecting much, but we always had fun there and still stay at our good friend Jase's house whenever we're in the North. We even visited to place where Live at Leeds was recorded...a kind of underwhelming modern looking student place. But some of our best UK shows have been in Leeds at the Fenton when Jase was still booking shows there. We've had a lot of downtime there and have eaten many meals in that Indian restaurant that used to be a public toilet, and watched many football games there, like when Spurs beat Chelsea to win the League cup. We are going there again for a Dr Martens party in a few weeks that looks like it will be fun as well and is free if you rsvp or something.

17 Comments:

Blogger /// said...

man i love you guys so much, cannot wait for this. if i wont be able to get in because of the limited free ticket bullshit, im looking for you pinkeye.

1:13 PM  
Blogger mattbayly said...

need to come to this. is it free?
be on the straight train up.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Ape Mummy said...

The rest of those bands are made up, right? Because that lineup reads like a Chunklet "Worst Band Names" bit.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

numatic shit dick machine gun of love ...........




now come over here and suck mamas dick
:)

4:28 AM  
Anonymous SCG said...

That Fucking Tank are awesome and PABH are great fun live.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous pacquiao vs margarito video said...

An excellent resource of information I will certainly return to check on the latest posts

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Lawyer in Miami said...

Very inventive and imaginative, one of many nicer websites I have seen in the present day so far. Keep up the good work all the time

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would think they could get someone cool on there like the shitty limits. Fucked up are cool, but what's up with this? I mean, lets face it that picture is very misleading. Half those motherfuckers are dj's.
DJ's. How many people actually wearing doc martens are going to be there?

And stop voting for nuke town over and over again, you fucking bastards. No one (important) wants to play it.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to clarify that I'm not down on you guys for playing it, I know a motherfucker has to eat.

Make a live album of it and cover ivor the engine driver on a fancy expanded version with 500 different covers with handdrawn illustrations like that stupid fear of smell thing from yesteryears. That would be cool. You don't think so? Well fuck you then, square.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous brent liam Barker said...

I've been waiting to see you guys live for a while now. you finally come to the city i live in but theres no guarantee of a ticket due to a fucking ridiculous ticket system.
'pulling names out of the hat' means that fans dont have a fair chance.
I know its not your fault whatsoever though.
If i am lucky enough to get a ticket i'll fucking love life.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bleat bleat bleat, get over it ladies.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Kamagra Fast Delivery said...

Very Nice post.
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post !!!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Tiny the Friendly Butcher said...

Thank you for share friend. I am much pleasure to say I enjoy great blog reading every day. Keep up consistent work that is good writing words for read and always check out the totally new stuff all time.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willkommen in unseren Sex-Talk.


Unser Sex-Talk bietet dir die Alternative single chats und vieles mehr,wie erotische Rollenspiele
Hier im besten Sex-Talk erwarten dich single chats Aufregend chatten
Du suchst Aufregend chatten , sicher bist du hier genau richtig.Ok,auf was wartest du?
Flirt und Sextalk chat vs ,anmelden .
Suchst du jemand von Graub√ľnden, vieleicht von Essen, oder aus Moers , oder aus Luzern, oder von Schwaz? Mit Sicherheit ist jemand dabei.!

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to more know about it. asthma

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good site to spent time on. allergy Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

active buy valium with mastercard online - valium vs xanax bluelight

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home